Wednesday, January 13, 2010

A Tunic for Clare

To make this tunic for Clare, I revisited a dress I had made for an exhibition called How You Make It. The exhibition finished touring last year, and with the garments recently returned to me, I decided to re-work one of the pieces.

To make the original dress, I pulled apart a dressing gown and made facings from a silk chemise. For Clare's version I pulled all the pieces apart again and turned the facings toward the outside. There are roulo ties at the neck and sides, and hooks and eyes at the front.

2 comments:

clare said...

oh it's so beautiful! your work is such a perfect combination of charm and experimentation.

you know what i also love about this one is that you've used gran's beautiful dressing gown to make something that can be taken out into the world. i bet she had a couple excellent nights in this!

I love it. thank you!!! xxx

julie said...

Paula, this is beautiful!!!!!