Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Neckpiece for Maddy


This neckpiece, another item for Maddy, is made from more of the materials recently gifted to me. I dont' usually work with leather - on account of being a stinkin' vegan - but was given some lengths as part of Carolyn's donation, and was hesitant to throw them away. Some friends took some bundles off my hands, and the rest I played with over a few nights - leading to this fringed neckpiece.

It was strange handling something I was ethically unsure about! I'm not squeamish when it comes to animal bits, but this certainly was an interesting exercise in terms of the boundaries of my comfort zone... If it happens again that I am given animal products to work with, I'll probably donate it all to charity!

1 comment:

Madeleine King said...

so glad you persevered! it's really special and looks even better worn. thanks so much Paula, i love it!!! x m