Wednesday, March 17, 2010

A Thing for Carolyn

I don't know what you'd call this. An in-between thing? Not quite a garment, not quite an accessory? It reminds Kath of Giacomo Balla's futurist clothing 'modifiers' - coloured fabric objects worn to complete your outfit, to be changed several times a day depending on your mood!

This thing was made from some sari scraps left over from another project. My work experience kids - Bridgette and Felicity - helped cut the embroidered bits from these scraps, which I then patchworked together on the dummy. I also fused and stitched several layers of fusible interfacing onto the back. To finish, I used some of Carolyn's beads to make a fringe for the hanging end.


1 comment:

Beadwright said...

OMG Paula I love this!!!!! Can't wait to see what you do with the loom beading.
Nicole/beadwright