Wednesday, May 5, 2010

An Apron for Nadia


Nadia suggested that I make her something else as part of this PhD project. Since she is so lovely, I agreed. She gave me a beautiful old dress to re-work, and I made this apron.


The dress had tiny permanent knife pleats on the skirt section, which I kept. I separated the front of the skirt from the back, then joined both at the waistline to make the layered apron front. I shortened the top layer slightly, to show part of the underneath layer.

I removed the back section of the dress and used the fabric to make the apron ties. The front of the dress had a beautiful cowl insert that I didn't want to destroy, so I simply turned under the shoulders to make the halter shape and kept the rest as is.



1 comment:

Nadia said...

I love you too lovely Paula!!